Seattle's Luna Park Cafe - Still crazy after all these years
The original building constructed by Chris Boysen right after World War II. You can still see his namesake on the adjacent apartment building. Originally built as a neighborhood tavern, the building went through various identities over the decades. The last one being the infamous “Pat & Ron’s Tavern” which closed in 1988. After months of work on the space, it reopened on March of 1989 as Luna Park Cafe. The name coming from the former boardwalk park that existed in West Seattle in the early 1900’s. Over the years it has become a museum of sorts for all generations to enjoy. With a 1958 Seeburg Jukebox, other coin-ops like Pepe the Dancing Clown and the mini Orchestra above the front door and plenty of nostalgic decorations, this diner is a haven to it’s regulars and a spectacle to newcomers. The idea behind the cafe is to serve delicious food and great milkshakes in a 1950’s diner atmosphere and they definitely succeed!
Luna Park is located at 2918 SW Avalon Way, Seattle, WA 98126